Submission details

avatar

- Elite League

2863 MHz with DDR4 SDRAM at 2863MHz

Ranking position

n/a

Global rank:

n/a

DDR4 SDRAM rank:

Points earned for overclocker league

Points earned for team league

Media gallery

Screenshots
verfication image
Memory Frequency screenshot
screenshot
screenshot
Verification URL, image, checksum
http://valid.x86.fr/cc42lc

Hardware details

CPU details

Memory details

VGA details

  • Speed: MHz / MHz (Stock)

Mainboard details

Disk details

Power details

  • Manufacturer: Antec
  • Series: High Current Pro
  • Power: 1,300 Watt
  • buy on amazon

Recent Comments

Greece OGS commented on his own score:

Benching Ballistix Elite 3600MT/s on ASUS Maximus XI Apex. Micron E-Die OP!

websmile says:

Wow - great result and nice IMC :p - good job :o

Indonesia Lucky_n00b says:

Dear Lord, is that the Micron E-Die? That's CRAZY Fast, Mad Respect man!

mickulty says:

55 minutes ago, Lucky_n00b said:

Dear Lord, is that the Micron E-Die? That's CRAZY Fast, Mad Respect man!

Wow, good spot - the spd tab reports it as micron!

EDIT: As does the comment on the score, I'm blind lol

China Micka says:

Good score

Czech Republic davestarrr says:

oh my god

Serbia d0minat0r says:

Tako je brate moj!

Slovakia ShaggySVK says:

Crazy clock, Respect man.

Indonesia speed.fastest says:

Nice chip!

United States Splave says:

ummmmm wow

United Kingdom ObscureParadox says:

1 hour ago, mickulty said:

Wow, good spot - the spd tab reports it as micron!

EDIT: As does the comment on the score, I'm blind lol

As does the fact he's put a picture of the Ballistix in the submission :P

mickulty says:

2 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

As does the fact he's put a picture of the Ballistix in the submission :P

Ballistix Elite use - or rather used to use, it seems - samsung b-die at least for high bins.

United Kingdom ObscureParadox says:

oh really? Seems a bit odd for micron to use a competitors IC instead of their own.

Greece OGS says:

thanks guys! Used to is correct yeap :D

mickulty says:

1 minute ago, ObscureParadox said:

oh really? Seems a bit odd for micron to use a competitors IC instead of their own.

Yeah I was pretty annoyed a while back when I wanted to try out whatever micron's best 4Gbit IC was in a 2x4 kit and ended up with samsung e-die, lol.  There are other examples but I fear we'd stray from the topic 😃

Germany Hyperhorn says:

Wow, congratulations! Would have expected Samsung B-Dies as well, but just got the press release after I saw this as forum topic. According to it the used Micron E-Dies offer better temperature/voltage scaling with less hassle than other ICs ("plug & play experience" to quote OGS).

Greece OGS says:

Yes - no cb/cbb and they scale with voltage big time! No need to heat them up to pass post/get into windows either.

Rave says:

Do they need maxmem like Sammy b-die?

Greece OGS says:

ah - also no maxmem is needed.
At least on tight timings and high voltage it wasn't needed.

Germany Don_Dan says:

What is this sorcery? :D Congratulations on the massive score!

New Zealand Rusty_Js says:

And on 8th gen! Wonder how this will go on :D 

Edit: How does it do with timings once cold?

Iran Evasion says:

SPEEEEED :D

congrats ogs, micron e-die, interesting 🤔

how it performs on aggressive benchmarking?

United States bigblock990 says:

Crushed the record!!

United States Splave says:

1 hour ago, FireKillerGR said:

ah - also no maxmem is needed.
At least on tight timings and high voltage it wasn't needed.

what is considered tight timings on these bad boys? 

United States AutisticChris says:

@Splave I have seen at least one person on FB do 4133 13-18-18 at 1.915v air. I would guess that up to 4200 cl12 is possible on air with big volts and a fan, and 4200 cl11 or faster/tighter should be possible with ln2'd mems.

I'm curious if Micron F-Die (4gb) shares the same properties. If so, then OC-ram will be much cheaper.

Chile Samsarulz says:

Huge!

Greece OGS says:

1 hour ago, Splave said:

what is considered tight timings on these bad boys? 

Let me check the tightest screenshots on air I got. 

Wanna try them on cold and see if they can get tighter.

 

United States l0ud_sil3nc3 says:

Will they blend for 32m is the real question :)

Belgium leeghoofd says:

Maybe not for 32M, but X265 might be a winner with these ICs

Australia unityofsaints says:

Hellas!

Greece OGS says:

These are some results from last week's tests (no fan on mems + aio on cpu).
 

screen025.jpg

screen013.jpg

Italy hardmad says:

OGS changing the OC landscape !

New Zealand Rusty_Js says:

Looking forward to cold benchable settings :D Memory on fullpot hasn't been around for a couple years!

Australia unityofsaints says:

1 hour ago, ground1556 said:

Looking forward to cold benchable settings :D Memory on fullpot hasn't been around for a couple years!

Is it really fullpot? 😳

New Zealand Rusty_Js says:

7 hours ago, FireKillerGR said:

Yes - no cb/cbb and they scale with voltage big time! No need to heat them up to pass post/get into windows either.

 

5 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

Is it really fullpot? 😳

I was going off that message, sounds like they work well, looking forward to see more of these :P

Australia zeropluszero says:

Monsterous. About time we had another IC.

Romania Bruno says:

Awesome ICs and briliant work! ;)

Australia unityofsaints says:

6G soon

United Kingdom Noxinite says:

Insanity!

United Kingdom tom.randle.10 says:

very nice mate, , , ballistix ram, .... when you get a good set in any platform are hard to top...superb !!! 😊

Poland Woomack says:

Nice one!, I was wondering how 8GB modules OC as I got the 4x16GB kit on the same Micron IC and it can easily pass 4000 17-17-17 at stock air and 1.35V. For sure strong IMC. My best chip hits a wall at ~5300.

mickulty says:

Do you know which specific IC code is on these chips?  Looks from the micron FBGA and Component Marking Decoder like 8Gbit Micron Revision E DDR4 has a couple of different ones,  not counting other widths than x8;

  • D9VPP, a 2666c19 JEDEC bin
  • D9WFL, a 3200C22 JEDEC bin
  • D9WFP, a 3200C22 JEDEC bin also certified for 'industrial' use down to -40C
  • D9XS*, a 3200C22 JEDEC bin with various automotive temperature bins (-40C to 105C)

I'm guessing D9WFL?  It'd be good to have something to call them other than "E-die", I've already seen some folks get confused and think it's the return of 4Gbit Samsung.

Greece OGS says:

11 minutes ago, mickulty said:

Do you know which specific IC code is on these chips?  Looks from the micron FBGA and Component Marking Decoder like 8Gbit Micron Revision E DDR4 has a couple of different ones,  not counting other widths than x8;

  • D9VPP, a 2666c19 JEDEC bin
  • D9WFL, a 3200C22 JEDEC bin
  • D9WFP, a 3200C22 JEDEC bin also certified for 'industrial' use down to -40C
  • D9XS*, a 3200C22 JEDEC bin with various automotive temperature bins (-40C to 105C)

I'm guessing D9WFL?  It'd be good to have something to call them other than "E-die", I've already seen some folks get confused and think it's the return of 4Gbit Samsung.

Since I checked but don't remember; I will check again once home.

Greece Phil says:

IMG_20190513_175758.jpg

mickulty says:

Thanks, I'd forgotten that there are special bins and part #s for crucial.  Not sure those even have a direct equivalent in the D9xxx series, D9WFL's equivalent is C9BJC.

United Kingdom ObscureParadox says:

D9WFN or M perhaps?

mickulty says:

14 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:
D9WFN or M perhaps?

Those are 512Mx16 layout (4 chips per rank), AFAIK they're not used in high-performance modules because of less bank groups hurting performance or something.  I've made a thread in memory heaven as I think there's a lot of information to go through.

FlanK3r says:

I never thought, I will be finding Microns on DDR4 :)...Awesome result!

Australia unityofsaints says:

On 5/17/2019 at 1:07 PM, phil said:

IMG_20190513_175758.jpg

That is one tall, empty, ugly-ass PCB! 😅 But at least it doesn't have RGB

Please log in or register to comment.