“HOME TO HARDWARE AND OVERCLOCKING JUNKIES” – “OVERCLOCKING IS NO LONGER A BY-PRODUCT OF THE WORLD OF GAMING; IT HAS BECOME A GAME ON ITS OWN” – “HWBOT IS MORE THAN JUST ANOTHER HARDWARE WEBSITE, IT’S THE PLACE WHERE OVERCLOCKERS MEET, SHOW AND SHARE THEIR PASSION FOR OVERCLOCKING”
1. HWBOT CORPORATE: AUDIENCE AND GOALS
HWBOT aims to exist as a non-profit organization supporting the world of overclocking any way possible. As an organization, our goals are split up in two major parts: the community and the business. As for the community, we try to cater three different groups: the general IT interested, the hobbyist performance enthusiast and the professional extreme overclocker.
1.1 GENERAL INTEREST IN HARDWARE PERFORMANCE
| The general HWBOT visitor has a strong interest in the performance and design of computer hardware. He or she knows and loves the smell of fresh hardware when opening a brand-new bought hardware item, much like a car aficionado adores the leathery smell of a new car. HWBOT aims to provide the following information for this type of user:
- A portal full of overclocking results, pictures and information
- Easy hardware comparison tools
- Accurate overclocking information
- Real-world alternative to the sometimes misleading marketing claims.
1.2 HOBBYIST PERFORMANCE ENTHUSIAST
The Hobbyist Performance Enthusiast are the more active part of the HWBOT users. Not only do they have a high interest in hardware they actively test various hardware technologies and more often than not put the components to their limits. Overclocking is for this group a true passion. They love to share their overclocking results, discuss online to find workaround for experienced problems. In this group we find all types of overclockers from plain air cooling and focused on 24/7 performance gain to extreme liquid nitrogen overclockers whose only objective is to set the fastest score possible.
HWBOT aims to provide the following information for this type of user:
- A healthy, fun and challenging competition platform
- Accurate information on overclocking records
- As much OC comparison material as possible
- Motivate & reward overclocking accomplishments with all types of hardware
- Serve as a meeting place for overclocking communities worldwide.
1.3 PROFESSIONAL EXTREME OVERCLOCKING
| The Professional Extreme Overclocker pushes the most high-end configurations beyond their absolute limits and shows the world what’s possible when you have access to extreme cooling solutions. These overclockers have no fear and are able to produce benchmark results far beyond anybody’s imagination. They spend days, sometimes weeks preparing for one shot, one record. Often these overclockers can rely on extensive support from the major hardware vendors to sustain their extreme way of life. For this group HWBOT Aims to provide:
- The most challenging overclocking competition in the world
- Plenty of space to provide exposure to their record-breaking achievements
- A platform to show their fans how’s it really done
- Evolve into a competitive overclocking circuit similar to the F1 racing.
The Corporate World still sees overclocking as dangerous and hardly beneficial. Therefore it closes its eyes for a new generation of hardware fanatics. As a hobby, overclocking has evolved from a pure performance-gain project to something you do in your free time, with friends, for fun. For the Corporate world HWBOT tries to provide:
- A windows to this new hardware fanatics scene
- Help in communicating with the overclocking community in an honest, transparent manner
- Explain the meaning of these overclocking results and the importance for fanatics
- Help understand the hardware fanatic and explain the likes and dislikes of the community regarding the claims from the
- Be a bridge between the Corporate world of profit margins and the community world of sharing a passion.
3. HWBOT FEATURES AND EXPERIENCE
HWBOT has been leading the overclocking Community since 2005. Here’s a short overview on what we do:
3.1 OVERCLOCKING COMPETITIONS:
Since the release of our HWBOT Competition Engine (HCE) back in 2009, HWBOT has held numerous competitions on our own, in dialogue with the community, as well as in cooperation with our partners.
An overview of our accomplishments in 2020:
- Yearly hosting an average of 45 competitions, with over 200 unique competition stages
- Monthly HWBOT OC challenges (no prizes) respected and anticipated by the community
- Most popular competitions remain the HWBOT TEAM CUP and the HWBOT Country Cup, together good for over 300
3.2 GLOBAL COMMUNITY MEETING GROUND
One of HWBOT’s main objectives is to build bridges between overclocking communities from all over the world, connecting different cultures and worldviews, thus to share the passion of overclocking. The HWBOT community consists of overclockers from 209 different countries, forming teams that compete under 106 different flags. With Staff members originating from 8 different countries, covering nearly each continent, we have adapted to this multi-cultural trend in the overclocking world.
- Multi-cultural staff allows interaction with all cultures.
- Contact between all of the overclockers and the communities.
- Easy-to-understand interface allowing non-English speakers to use the website.
3.3 DEVELOPMENT AND ADDITION OF NEW BENCHMARKS
- HWBOT X265 v2.3 (by Havli).
- Adding latest 3DMark series like Wildlife.
- Close co-operation with BenchMate developer.
3.4 HWBOT IS BEING DISCUSSED WORLDWIDE
- Most teams have a dedicated HWBOT sub-forum to discuss submissions and HWBOT competitions.
- HWBOT has its own HWBOT discord server thanks to the efforts of HWBOT user keeph8n.
4. HWBOT PARTNERSHIP PACKAGES
In order to sustain this project and to keep up development, we are currently brainstorming about Partnership Packages. However we first want to further improve the stability and performance of HWBOT Classic.For more information about the details of these Partnership Packages or any other HWBOT-related information, please contact Roman Hartung.