Here at HWBOT we try our best to deliver a fair and enjoyable playing field for all those who participate in the rankings and competition. To be able to provide this kind of service we have tried to design some submission and general rules to help remove any doubts about whether something is allowed or not. Based on continued experience these rules will be updated, expanded and completed as time goes by. Please check back for any updates.
Overclocking is a hobby and passion for not only the rich but the public! To provide OC competition to all the community with low entry barrier, the well-known mainboard and graphics card manufacturer MSI will be hosting a “Return to Celeron” OC contest with HWBOT from October 10 to November 6, 2011!
This competition requires MSI LGA 1155 mainboards with Intel Celeron LGA 1155 CPUs (Celeron G440, G530, G530T). There are 3 stages for enthusiasts to compete, including Wprime 1024M, SuperPI-32M and UCBench 2011. Winners will get MSI graphics cards and there are also MSI Component testing platforms for lucky draw.
Have fun and good luck to all!
|How to WIN||Provider||Prize||MSRP||Info|
|Winner||MSI||MSI R6870 Hawk||USD $220||Link|
|Runner-up||MSI||MSI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition/OC||USD $175||Link|
|Second runner-up||MSI||MSI R6770 Twin Frozr II/OC||USD $145||Link|
|Lucky Draw (x2||MSI||PC componentstesting platform|
- MSI Return to the Celeron is closed since 6 November 2011.
- This competition is between Members.
This competition is closed. You can no longer join.
This competition was open to everyone.
Winner: R6870 Hawk
Propeller Blade on Twin Frozr III
- The special blade design generates 20% more airflow than traditional design.
- The airflow covers wider area for the better heat dissipation.
- 21°C cooler & 7dB quieter than reference design!!!
Triple Overvoltage by Afterburner
- World’s first HD 6870 graphics card supporting voltage adjustment of GPU/Memory/VDDCI
- The performance can be boosted up!!
8+2 Phase PWM Design
- 8+2 Phase PWM design provides extra 80A current output power to GPU for better overclocking power capability
Military Class II Components
- SFC (Super Ferrite Choke) has higher current for better overclocking ability.
- Hi-C CAP for GPU provides more precise voltage.
- All Solid CAPs have longer lifespan.
More information: http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R6870-Hawk.html
Runner-up: R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition/OC
Triple Over-Voltage: Supports voltage adjustment of GPU, Memory and VDDCI (input) via MSI Afterburner
6+1 Phase Power System
- Higher current power for GPU and Memory
- Higher overclock capability and stability
- Better stability in peak load
MSI Afterburner overclocking utility
- Supports advanced fan speed control
- Supports burn-in stability test
Cyclone Thermal Design
- 9cm PWM Fan provides 40% more airflow.
- Nickel-plated copper base for better dissipation
- Rounded design to prevent keeping dust.
- 15.7% quieter than reference design.
- 14? cooler & 5dB quieter compared to reference cooling
MSI Exclusive P/S Switch Function
- Two fan speed profiles - Performance / Silence
- Performance Mode provides best cooling demand; Silent Mode balances noise and GPU Temperature
Military Class ll Component
- Hi-C CAP for GPU provides more precise voltage
- SFC (Super Ferrite Choke) has higher current for better overclocking ability
- All Solid CAPs have longer lifespan
More information: http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R6850-Cyclone-1GD5-Power-Edition-OC.html
2nd Runner-up: R6770 Twin Frozr II/OC
7+1 phase PWM design
- 7+1 phase PWM design to offer better overclocking capability
GPU Over-Voltage Function Support
- Supports over-voltage function of GPU.
- Support advanced fan speed control.
- Support 2D/3D customized profile.
Twin Frozr II Thermal Design
- Dual PWM Fans & triple heatpipes for better heat dissipation
- 13°C cooler compared to reference cooling
Military Class Components
- Hi-C Cap provides more precise GPU voltage and has better stability.
- SSC (Solid State Chock) for No Buzz noise.
- All Solid CAP for longer lifespan
AMD Eyefinity and HDMI 1.4a output
- Supports 3 display output.
- Supports both Deep Color and 7.1 High Bitrate Audio transmissions
More information: http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R6770-Twin-Frozr-II-OC.html
Lucky Draw: MSI Component testing platform (x2)