Here at HWBOT we try our best to deliver a fair and enjoyable playing field for all those who participate in the rankings and competition. To be able to provide this kind of service we have tried to design some submission and general rules to help remove any doubts about whether something is allowed or not. Based on continued experience these rules will be updated, expanded and completed as time goes by. Please check back for any updates.
Taipei, Taiwan, October 7th, 2014 – GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today announced the GIGABYTE TARGET OC, its latest overclocking contest hosted on HWBOT.org. GIGABYTE TARGET OC is a new challenge to test the true overclocking skills of the community. Setting an exact target on not only high, but also low scores, the participants will need to learn how to adjust the performance of their systems to be able to hit the right mark. A lot is on the line; a total of USD $2,000 in cash prizes and five GIGABYTE motherboards, including two recently launched X99-SOC FORCE motherboards, will be offered to the winners and participants through lucky draws.
Overclocking is not only about pushing the limits of your hardware, it is also about mastering the skills needed to tweak all aspects of your system to achieve the performance that you want. In this challenge we will also give you an opportunity to showcase your overclocking and downclocking skills. With TARGET OC, GIGABYTE decided to have some fun with selection of the target scores and chose some epic world records back in the day as well as some super bad scores to see how well you can tune your system to the level of performance of old time greats and super bad overclocks of today. By trying to hit every scores set, we are hoping the participants will have fun trying to search the perfect setting for the perfect score.
Stage 1: XTU
- Target score: 159 marks
- We challenge you to match the worst Pentium G3258 XTU score on HWBOT (link)
- Submission will be open for 2 hours open on Sunday, October 19th at 2pm (UTC+08:00)
Stage 2: HWBOT Prime
- Target score: 2967.55 pps
- We challenge you to match the worst Pentium G3258 HWBOT Prime score on HWBOT (link)
- Submission will be open for 2 hours open on Sunday, October 26th at 2pm (UTC+08:00)
Stage 3: 3DMark05
- Target score: 30257 marks
- We challenge you to match an epic world record from 2007 set by a legendary US overclocker OPPAINTER (link)
- Submission will be open for 2 hours open on Sunday, November 2nd at 2pm (UTC+08:00)
Stage 4: Super Pi 32M
- Target score: 20min27sec570ms
- We challenge you to match an epic world record from 2006 set by a legendary US overclocker bachus_anonym (link)
- Submission will be open for 2 hours open on Sunday, November 9th at 2pm (UTC+08:00)
Stage 5: Catzilla 720p
- Target score: 1938 marks
- We challenge you to match a 2000th ranked score on HWBOT in Catzilla 720p (link)
- Submission will be open for 2 hours open on Sunday, November 16th at 2pm (UTC+08:00)
- GIGABYTE motherboard only, no restriction on CPU, VGA brand, number of VGAs or motherboard generation.
- All submissions must include the stage’s dedicated wallpaper. A new wallpaper will be released at the beginning of each stage.
- All submissions must include a picture of the rig used, including competition background. Usual HWBOT submission and verification rules apply.
- To enter the lucky draw, participant must submit a score in at least 4 stages.
- Winners of one stage are not allowed to participate in another stage or lucky draw.
- The submission will be open for 2 hours on the day of the submission (2pm to 4pm Taipei time - UTC+08:00). The first person to post the target score wins the stage. If the target has not been achieved, the first to submit the closest score below the target (for high scores) or above the target (for low scores) wins.
Stage 1 ~ 5: 1st place of each stage will receive $400 USD
Lucky draw: Five randomly selected participants will receive one of these motherboards: 1x Z97N Gaming 5, 1x Z97N-WIFI, 1x Z97X-SOC FORCE LN2, 2x X99-SOC FORCE
The GIGABYTE TARGET OC will run from October 7th 2014 until November 16th 2014, 4pm CTS.
- GIGABYTE Target OC is closed since 17 November 2014.
- This competition is between Members.
This competition is closed. You can no longer join.
This competition was open to everyone.