Between 23rd and the 10th of March 2 crew members of HWBOT (Dennis and Me) did a rally for charity, the Baltic Sea Circle Rally. We drove from Belgium to the North Cape and back, around the Baltic Sea without using highways or GPS in a 37 year old car, in the middle of the winter.
Our rally car was the oldest car out of 82 to reach the finish, and did fairly well! The only issues we had were:
- we completely ruined our rear brakes on day 2 because someone forgot to release the handbrake
- it was absolutely not waterproof
- every pothole we hit the trunk flew open
- when temperatures dropped to -15c and below we had to make a campfire underneath the car to get it started
- when temperatures dropped to -30c the engine stalled even when driving
- we made a detour of 400km in the middle of the night to fetch spare parts for another team
Together with donations from HWBOT members we gathered 1185 euro for the Belgian Children Cancer Foundation, thank you guys! Now we are back, we can start working on HWBOT again!