Highest Intel Ivy Bridge Overclockers Win New Ultra Durable 5 Motherboards
Taipei, Taiwan, July 11th, 2012 – GIGABYTE TECHNOLGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today announced the conclusion of its Z77 OC Contest hosted on HWBOT.org. The Z77 OC Contest invited the world’s biggest overclocking community to push Intel Ivy Bridge processors to the absolute max, with the winners offered an exclusive taste of forthcoming GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5 motherboards.
GIGABYTE Z77 OC Contest Stages:
- Stage 1: Maximum CPUz CPU Frequency Validation
- Stage 2: Maximum CPUz DDR3 Speed Validation
- Stage 3: SuperPi 32M
- Stage 4: Wprime 1024M
GIGABYTE ‘Z77 OC Contest’ Winners
- 1st Place – Christian Ney
- Stage 1: 6761.14 MHz (3rd)
- Stage 2: 1612.6 MHz (1st)
- Stage 3: 5min 23sec 250ms (4th)
- Stage 4: 113sec 489ms (1st)
- Total: 31 points
- 2nd Place – splmann
- Stage 1:6764 MHz (2nd)
- Stage 2: 1508.5 MHz (2nd)
- Stage 3: 5min 19sec 470ms (3rd)
- Stage 4: 120sec 385ms
- Total: 27 points
- 3rd Place – der8auer
- Stage 1: 6755.18MHz (4th)
- Stage 2: 1414MHz (2nd)
- Stage 3: 5 Min 3sec 859ms
- Stage 4: 115ms 266ms
- Total: 26 points
Contest winner Christian Ney will be one of the first to enjoy a GIGABYTE X79S-UP5 motherboard, featuring the latest Ultra Durable 5 technology. 2nd and third place finishers will take home a new Z77X-UP5 TH and Z77X-UP4 TH motherboard respectively.
For complete contest rules, scoring and more details, please visit the contest page hosted on HWBOT.org: http://hwbot.org/competition/gbt_z77_oc/
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5
The GIGABYTE X79S-UP5, Z77X-UP5 TH and Z77X-UP4 TH motherboards each employ the award winning GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5 technology that includes high current capable components for the CPU power zone including IR3550 PowIRstage ICs from International Rectifier, 2X Copper PCB and high current Ferrite Core Chokes rated up to 60A, which together are able to deliver up to 60°C* cooler temperatures than traditional motherboards. Featured on a range of new motherboards based the Intel X79 and Z77 Express Chipsets, GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5 technology is the next evolution in quality motherboard design.
* Testing result for reference only. Results may differ according to system configuration.
* Up to 60° C lower temp. obtained using 4 phase IR3550 PowIRstage with 2x Copper PCB vs. 4 phase D-Pak MOSFET @ 100A load 10 mins lab testing without heatsink
To learn more about GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 5, please visit: www.gigabyte.com