# Submission verification must be according to the HWBot rules. # We expect everyone to play fair, whoever cheats in this competition is banned from HWBot. # This is not a software tuning competition, but an overclocking competition. Any special software tweaks must be explained to the HWBot staff during the competition and will be published on HWBot afterwards.
Since DRAM vendors discovered the tRCD memory timing all hell broke loose. On the plus side, we are seeing insanely high clocked memory kits on the market, which is something every overclocker can appreciate, but those come with ridiculous timings.
But it doesn't stop there - the marketing machine that comes with this new type of DDR3 memory has moved to CPU-Z validations to prove 'best overclocking capabilities'. That performance is sacrificed to achieve this one moment of stability is apparently not a problem.
So, to go against the flow of pointless CPU-Z Dram validations we have set up this DDR3 High-Clock Challenge. This, being a challenge that combines both the challenge of overclocking the memory as high as possible as well as maintaining a decent performance ratio.
- HWBOT DDR3 High-Clock Challenge is closed since 28 February 2011.
- This competition is between Members.
This competition is closed. You can no longer join.
This competition was open to everyone.
- Discuss the competition at the HWBOT forum (102 comments)
- Competencia: HWBOT DDR3 High-Clock Challenge (overclockear.com)
- Competing With Thuban In “HWBOT DDR3 High-Clock Challenge” (slappablog.wordpress.com)
- HWBOT DDR3 High-Clock Challenge(2) (ameblo.jp)
- HWBOT DDR3 High-Clock Challenge (ameblo.jp)
- HWBOT DDR3 High-Clock Challenge (forums.xtremelabs.org)
Here at HWBOT we try our best to deliver a fair and enjoyable playing field for all those who participate in the rankings and competition. To be able to provide this kind of service we have tried to design some submission and general rules to help remove any doubts about whether something is allowed or not. Based on continued experience these rules will be updated, expanded and completed as time goes by. Please check back for any updates.