The Austrian overclocking team from Overclockers.AT, named not surprisingly Overclocking Team Austria, and a local Austrian hardware shop named DiTech are proud to announce Austria’s first International Overclocking Championship.
This gathering of international overclockers takes places in the head university of Vienna on November the 7th, starting right after sunset at 04:30PM local time. Overclocks from 8 different European countries will compete in two different benchmarks: SuperPI 1M and 3DMark Vantage; the first stage against each other, the latter on against the rest of the world.
The following teams have been invited to Austria to show their overclocking skills at the International Overclocking Competition:
- Austria: EmineM and Jackinger
- Austria: N3ocort3x and Turrican
- Finland: Sampsa and SF3D
- Greece: Gprhellas and Hipro5
- Latvia: Kiwi and Sam
- Romania: Micutzu and Monstru
- Slovenia: Moonman and Tiborrr
- Spain: DaCoSa and Predator
- United Kingdom: Bustah and Dualist
The following hardware will be used during the competition:
- SuperPI 1M
- 2 x Intel Core i7 975
- 2 x ASUS Rampage II Extreme
- 3 x 2 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-2000 CL8
- 2 x Windows XP SP3 installations
The winner of the SuperPI 1M round will recieved a prize of an amazing €5000!
- 3DMark Vantage: Performance
- Components will be brought by the contestants
All teams will be aiming to break the current world record in 3DMark Vantage; whoever breaks that World Record will take a cheque of €2000 back home!
The organisers invite everyone to come to Vienna and have a look at the event, but if you can’t make it (as most of us probably) you can watch the event live at the following URL: http://www.overclockers.at/ioc
For more information about this event (in German!): http://www.overclockers.at/news/internationale_overclocking-meisterschaft_2009
- Ditech International Overclocking Championship is not hosted on HWBOT. It runs from 7 November 2009 until 7 November 2009. More information here.
- This competition is between competition teams.
Stage 1 - SuperPI 1M