Yesterday Hazzan qualified for the World Championship Final which will held in early December in Berlin, Germany. In winning the World Series Asia Pacific contest he joined an elite group of overclockers that includes other World Series winners; marc_0053 (N.America), PXHX(Latin America), DrWeez (S.Africa), Bullshooter (Europe) and Xtreme Addict (Asia). One thing that you may noticed is that we now have a total of seven overclockers, an uneven number that would make a pretty lop-sided contest. Today we can reveal that in fact there will be an eighth ‘Wild Card’ ticket on offer and it will go to the winner of the World Championship Wild Card Contest.
The World Championship Wild Card Contest
The contest will be hosted on OC-ESPORTS and will be open to all overclockers from all leagues. Here’s a quick overview of the rules and stages involved. Note: The stages and rules have been decided via the CCTF.
- - Intel Socket 1151 Core i3/Pentium/Celeron CPUs only
- - AMD Radeon RX 460 VGA card only
- - Stage 1: 3DMark Fire strike extreme
- - Stage 2: GPUPI 1B for GPU
- - Stage 3: Y-Cruncher Pi 1B
- - 1st Place: World Championship Finals Ticket
- - 2nd Place: Intel Core i7 6950X
- - 3rd Place: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 4133
A more detailed list of rules and restrictions will be made available soon.