Prepping a Motherboard for LN2 for the First Time? ExtremeBenching Show You How

ExtremeBenching have put together a really solid guide on how to prepare your motherboard for overclocking on LN2. From applying the Vaseline (be sure to get it everywhere), to getting the paper towels snugly fitted, JD gives us a pictorial journey through the process.

Seasoned extreme players will tell you that no two overclockers prep their boards in the same way when it comes to insulation and moisture absorption among other things, but what these guys have set out to do is give non-subzero overclockers a very broad, general step by step guide so that you can get started.

“So after reading through the 1 million different threads on every known website to man I thought it would be time I shared my method for getting a motherboard ready. Apologies in advance, I don’t own a good camera so all photos have been taken with a potato.”

Regardless of the photography on show, the guide covers the basics you need to get going on LN2, which if you are doing this for the first time, can indeed be a somewhat intimidating experience.

Check out the article here on ExtremeBenching.


8

Taiwan sdougal says:

The perfect guide for LN2 noobs...

Romania Alex@ro says:

Two things i want to say: 1. Pictures suck hard,especially when you click on them the rotation is different,try to crop and resize them before you upload.(not meaning the quality,just he orientation and how they look). 2. You should had included neoprene too,a sheet beneath the motherboard and one adapted for each motherboard after you seat the paper. Otherwise good initiative :)

Poland Xtreme Addict says:

Good initiative :)

Australia JunkDogg says:

Alex@ro said: Two things i want to say:

1. Pictures suck hard,especially when you click on them the rotation is different,try to crop and resize them before you upload.(not meaning the quality,just he orientation and how they look).
2. You should had included neoprene too,a sheet beneath the motherboard and one adapted for each motherboard after you seat the paper.

Otherwise good initiative :)


Thanks mate.

I spent hours trying to get the pics to line up correctly when you click them. It's weird the originals are how the thumbnails are, just when you expand them. Who knows. Wordpress is a weird thing.

I used to use neoprene gaskets but haven't of late, my preference. I do use a sheet at the back as you can see in some photos. Just forgot to mention it.

Thanks though for the tips. :thumbsup:

United States Splave says:

Orange shop towels!! Im so tired of blue :)

Australia KaRtA says:

Splave said: Orange shop towels!! Im so tired of blue :)


You need yellow, it's all about branding.

Taiwan sdougal says:

JunkDogg said: I spent hours trying to get the pics to line up correctly when you click them. It's weird the originals are how the thumbnails are, just when you expand them. Who knows. Wordpress is a weird thing.


I hear you. Wordpress can be, and often is a very weird thing... especially when it comes to pics.

Australia JunkDogg says:

sdougal said: I hear you. Wordpress can be, and often is a very weird thing... especially when it comes to pics.


It is apparently a known issue. There is a patch to fix it. Just need to get the site owner to install it if possible. Photos on the iPad seem to work better and will be using that until I can get a decent camera.

Please log in or register to comment.

Leave a Reply: (BBCODE allowed: [B], [QUOTE], [I], [URL], [IMG],...)