Before the weekend started, Alex@ro posted an informative thread on the Memory Heaven sub-forum. In the thread Alex covers eleven issues you may experience when overclocking DDR4 memory on the Skylake platform.
The issues covered include:
- - Issue #1: I can’t go over DDR4-3600 on Maximus 4-dimm boards
- - Issue #2: I am stuck at 55 41 78 or 3E POST CODE
- - Issue #3: General behavior of various IC
- - Issue #4: 2 DIMM vs 4 DIMM
- - Issue #5: BAD RTL Training
- - Issue #6: The TWRWR_DR and TWRWR_DR timings
- - Issue #7: TWRRD_DR and TWRRD_DD
- - Issue #8: TWRRD_SG and TWRRD_DG
- - Issue #9: TRDRD_dr and TRDRD_dd
- - Issue #10: Proper Secondary Timings
- - Issue #11: So where do we have the best performance?
For more information, check out the thread here. If you like the information, don't forget to give Alex@ro a thumbs up too!.