Earlier this month a new version of the popular Intel Extreme Tuning Utility launched on the Intel Download Center portal. The new version carries the number v184.108.40.206 and is not so different from the previous 6.2 versions. The benchmark performance is the same and aside from the resolved issues for developers, there are no updates for the regular users.
You can download the new version at Intel Download Center
The release notes read as follows:
- XTU ProfileHelperModel.dll is regarded as hostile by Norton Anti-Virus Software
- Performance improvement required for SDK initialization, Tuning, and profile management
- XTU SDK binaries (DLL and MSM) are digitally signed
- Updated WDT driver to the latest version.
- When XTU is installed on the top of OEM OC application, it will cause OEM application to crash
- When XTU is uninstalled, the XTU service and drivers are removed which breaks the OEM OC application.
- XTUCLI command line option does not have a help option.
- New tuning api to query tuning controls individually
- Divided IntelOverclockingSdk.dll into two modules: IntelOverclockingSdk.dll and IntelBenchmarkSdk.dll
- Introduced new redistributable without BCLK support and BIOS support