Hicookie Teases Z170X-SOC Force LN2 Motherboard with G.SKILL DDR4-4544 Dual Channel 1.35V

On his personal Facebook page, Hicookie teased the upcoming GIGABYTE Z170X-SOC Force LN2 motherboard with a video and a screenshot of MemTest featuring G.SKILL DDR4 memory clocked to DDR4-4533+. In the video you can see an overview of the components and settings.

The special LN2 motherboard is the successor of the famous GIGABTE Z97X-SOC Force LN2 which still holds the title of highest DDR3 frequency validation of DDR3-4620 by Sofos1990, achieved on June 30, 2014. There are no pictures of the Z170 variant of the LN2 board yet - hopefully we'll see them soon - but Hicookie did share a teaser of the memory overclocking capabilities. In a video you can watch here, we see the GIGABYTE TweakLauncher tuning utility set at 1.35V VDDR, 8 GB of G.SKILL DDR4 F4-4400C19-4GTZ memory at 2273 MHz CL19, an engineering samples of the Core i7 6700K at 4067 MHz and 47 minutes of 8144MB MemTest.

We haven't seen the end of DDR4 overclocking yet and it's only a matter of time before we see the first DDR4-5000 system!


20

Belgium Massman says:

For those who love YouTube

[ythd]O8ESrWR2bPM[/ythd]

United States xxbassplayerxx says:

Lemme get my hands on a set of those :D

United States steponz says:

Cant wait to play.. my mem is waiting ;)

United States Lays says:

holy crapppppppppp

United States Random says:

it'll never hit retail so it doesn't really matter...
just ship one to loud one to bullant... call it a day. they are the only ones who need one for mem atleast

I wouldn't mind some newer mems though

United States steponz says:

Like you know..

United States Strong Island says:

Random said: it'll never hit retail so it doesn't really matter...
just ship one to loud one to bullant... call it a day. they are the only ones who need one for mem atleast

I wouldn't mind some newer mems though


why would you assume that, champion is everywhere and z97 ln2 was there if you really wanted one.

United States Random says:

Being pessimistic is all!

Just sayin. You know its not gonna be produced in any real quantity.
Newegg had one batch that was small, sold out in under an hour in the dead of night. For z97
"It was there" used. And maybe 3-4 were sold on here total?
So not really.

Champion still has cpu mounting holes.
Its different board. Different enough.

And then why not just advertise the champion?

United States Strong Island says:

Random said: Being pessimistic is all!

Just sayin. You know its not gonna be produced in any real quantity.
Newegg had one batch that was small, sold out in under an hour in the dead of night. For z97
"It was there" used. And maybe 3-4 were sold on here total?
So not really.

Champion still has cpu mounting holes.
Its different board. Different enough.

And then why not just advertise the champion?


well we dont know much about this board yet. The champion showed up in early screen shots as soc force x99 ln2 so you never know. Was it stated somewhere this has no mounting holes, I'm really asking because I haven't seen anything.

I guess if it's the successor to z97 ln2 it wont have mounting holes, it would be nice to see a z170 champion board.

France marmott says:

Maybe the LN2 is for dual channel mobos and Champion for quad channel mobos. W&S

United States Random says:

I think its really just the lack of cpu mounts differentiating the champion from the LN2 but who knows. No cpu mounting holes affect mem OC afterall

Hungary Achill3uS says:

with all the respect i hope there will no more boards without mounting holes, i killed my best 4770k on LN2 board without mounting during a SPI 32M run, if you dont have dimastech hard its too risky to bench that way... also did not experienced any gain about memory performance at the end, regular SOC was easier to handle... back to topic, thumb up for the new board, insane teaser! cannot wait to test the regular SOC with some GTZ mems...

United States steponz says:

The x99 ln2 had mounting holes and was a bridge to creating the champion.. the champion came from that. I don't think it was there intention to even bring the z97 ln2 to market. So the lucky few that got it. Got it... We will see about thr newest ln2 board. Should be fun and I doubt they won't do mounting holes anymore

Belgium Massman says:

steponz said: I don't think it was there intention to even bring the z97 ln2 to market. So the lucky few that got it. Got it...


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128743

Just a low volume product. I think all boards were sold out in 24h.

United States Random says:

Wow i didnt know the x99 ln2 had mount holes. So was there any difference between it and the champion.
sorry i had no hard info about the x99 ln2, didnt have one.

The z97 ln2 sold out in less than 9hours. I was checking everyday when i woke up and before i went to bed. Wasnt there when i went to bed, sold out by the time i was up
I doubt newegg had even 10 or 20. Only reason I was able to get one is a helpful German from here had one. Took over a month to get to me.

United States xxbassplayerxx says:

I'm still mad at myself... I saw it in stock and shrugged. Didn't realize what a game changer it was going to be.

Belgium Massman says:

I really liked the Z97 LN2 board. It showed what can be achieved if you get smart people like hicookie to think about solutions. Maybe it wasn't retail and it makes DDR3 frequency records difficult for us mortals, but damn was I impressed seeing the board at Computex two years ago!

zeropluszero says:

Achill3uS said: with all the respect i hope there will no more boards without mounting holes, i killed my best 4770k on LN2 board without mounting during a SPI 32M run, if you dont have dimastech hard its too risky to bench that way... also did not experienced any gain about memory performance at the end, regular SOC was easier to handle..


My LN2 board is going strong after about 8 sessions now, everything from 2c2t 32M at 6.3G to 5.8G XTU, 6.2G 3d05, 6.1G Cinebench/GPUPI/HwbotPrime. If you've killed it, you're either mounting incorrectly or some other reason. Never had a problem with my board cold.

Hungary Achill3uS says:

zeropluszero said: My LN2 board is going strong after about 8 sessions now, everything from 2c2t 32M at 6.3G to 5.8G XTU, 6.2G 3d05, 6.1G Cinebench/GPUPI/HwbotPrime. If you've killed it, you're either mounting incorrectly or some other reason. Never had a problem with my board cold.


i was in middle of a 6.45G SPI 32M run at 1.80vcore without holddown on cpu pot, got blackscreen and cpu's pcb backside was lil black/grey spot. the chip definately burned. i did not say it was the board's fault, it was mine that i was thinking the weight of the cpu pot itself ~3kg is enough pressure and safe for benching... its not :D

zeropluszero says:

My venom is lighter than an F1, and holds just fine through multithreaded benchmarks.

Please log in or register to comment.

Leave a Reply: (BBCODE allowed: [B], [QUOTE], [I], [URL], [IMG],...)