This report was compiled end of April (before the Z97 launch). The summary:
- In Q2 2014, 50% of the HWBOT enthusiasts used Haswell architecture
- The adoption rate of Haswell was similar to that of Sandy Bridge, and topped higher with 500 active users 9 months after launch
- The Core i7 4770K (50%) and Core i5 4670K (25%) remain to be the most popular Haswell CPUs
- 80-90% of the Haswell benchmarking is done using multi-threaded processor and 3D benchmarks
- 35-55% of the Haswell overclockers opt for water cooling
- Asus remains top pick for mainboard brands. In the past two months, MSI is growing strong in user base and closing in on 25% market share. Gigabyte drops from 30% to sub 25% in the past 6 months.
- The GIGABYTE Z87X-OC is the most popular mainboard with 8% overall user base
- Between Aug’13 and Feb’14 the Z87X-OC was the most popular overclocking motherboard, but in the past two months the ASUS ROG series took over
- G.SKILL TridentX remains the most popular DRAM SKU with 22% market share. Second is Corsair Vengeance with 12% share
- Haswell owners at HWBOT own primarily Nvidia based high-end graphics cards like GTX 780, GTX 770 and GTX 760
- MSI and its Lightning brand remain top pick for VGA solution, although ASUS and DirectCu II are closing in
If you have any specific requests, let us know in the forum and we'll see if there's any report we have to upload!