Another Intel Developer Forum ("IDF") is coming up next month (September 10-12) in San Francisco. It looks like the most interesting topics for us, overclockers, are the overclocking workshop featuring the "Intel® Core™ i7 4xxx Extreme Edition" on the X79-based platform. The overclocking workshop features also
- Overclocking architecture of the Intel® Core™ i7-4xxx series processors on Intel® X79 Express Chipset based platforms
- Overclocking architecture of the desktop and mobile 4th Generation Intel® Core processors
- Live demonstrations and expert tips from an industry partner on how to push the limits of Intel® unlocked processors using software and hardware tools from the enthusiast ecosystem
- One of the first public demonstrations of overclocking the Intel® Core™ i7 4xxx Extreme Edition processor
- First public demonstration of overclocking Intel® SSDs
- First public demonstration of AppTune beta based on Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)
In addition to the introduction of the new X79 processors, there will be a couple of lectures on DDR4 Memory. Attendees will be able to get a deeper look at what's coming in 2014.
More info on the event and lectures, here.