As you might have read in our forums, v1.0.1 of the 3DMark11 benchmark is producting slightly higher benchmark results due to the older physics library. In v1.0.2 and the latest v1.0.3, the Bullet Physics Library version is updated from v2.78 to v2.79 causing the Physics Score to drop 700 to 1000 points on an X79-based platform. This is approximately a performance difference of 5% in the subtest; less than 1% in the overall benchmark score.
Given this performance difference, the HWBOT staff its policy regarding the benchmark. There are two options:
- Disallow usage of v1.0.1; only allow latest versions to be used
- Allow all versions of the benchmark
During the evaluation it became clear that, even though preferable, we simply can't enforce ruling regarding the 3DMark11 benchmark.
- Version number cannot be check on a screenshot.
- V1.0.1 can still be used to create verification links
- FM links are not secure enough to serve as proper verification
Until further notice, HWBOT allows any version of the 3DMark11 benchmark to be used for submitting results to the database.
- Verification links are still mandatory for global top-20 results. In case the FM policy would change and it would no longer be possible to create verification links with v1.0.1, v1.0.1 will no longer be usable for top-20 submissions.
- Any change to this policy will not be applied retroactively. In other words, no results will be removed if the policy would change.
The HWBOT Staff.