Manufacturer of overclocking goodies OCZ is holding a hwbot driven contest, and has a nice amount of hardware to share between all of you. Some big prizes can be won by benchmarking your system with 3Dmark06, if you end up in the top 5 in one of the categories below.
They don’t want to deprive the budget limited people of any prices, so they’ve split up the contest into 5 categories:
- AMD CPU 2600 to 3000Mhz
- AMD CPU 3001 to 3400Mhz
- Intel CPU 3200 to 3600Mhz
- Intel CPU 3601 to 4000Mhz
- Intel CPU 4001 to 4400Mhz
The contest spans over 3 months, with each month 5 winners announced and one winner at the end. The prices start small (an OCZ thumb drive, OCZ power supplies, …) but they increase further on the contest. The #1 winner gets the grand prize consisting of: 2x 8800GTX’s, 2x 1GB ram, 1 kilowat PSU, and 1 CPU cooler. I wouldn’t mind getting some of that. : )
What do you have to do?
- register at hwbot, and choose ‘OCZ Benchmark Team‘ or if you are already part of a team: click ‘my profile’ > account and choose OCZ.(*)
- use OCZ ram in your benchmark runs.
- benchmark with 3Dmark06 to achieve a great score in one of the categories above
- in order to win the grand prize: describe your journey in the OCZ forums
Good luck, and may the best win!
(*) On a side note, we want to inform you that ‘team hopping’ (the phenomena where you frequently switch teams solely to enter a contest) is frowned upon. Please stay at least one month with your chosen team. This rule will be enforced in the future.