Today we are enormously pleased to announce the launch of the eagerly anticipated Team Cup 2015 on OC-ESPORTS, a contest that pits dozens of teams of overclockers against each other with a total of thirty stages based across virtually every hardware category imaginable.
The Team Cup 2015 is the ultimate team-oriented overclocking contest, requiring the broadest possible collection of hardware platforms and skill sets – from socket 775 and AGP slot GPUs, to Raspberry Pi and ARM processors, the Team Cup must surely be the truest test of OC teamwork.
Last year’s Team Cup was a roaring success, drawing in a massive total of 89 overclocking teams,and we are confident this year’s edition will again prove to be popular. The eventual 2014 winners were HwBox Hellas O/C Team from Greece who thrashed the competition with a total score of 1,268 points, beating 2nd place finishers XTREME OC Team Bulgaria who amassed 1,026 points. Judging by last year’s performance other hopefuls this year will include Classicplatforms.com and Overclockers.com, both largely US based, plus several other big hitters from Germany, Sweden and elsewhere.
The Team Cup 2015 was soft launched on July 15th and already sees the America contingent Classicplatforms.com taking the lead at the top of the leaderboard.
The contest runs until the end of September with elimination of all but the top five teams taking place seven days before the end. The contest involves four separate challenges or sub-competitions; a CPU challenge, a GPU challenge, a Memory challenge and a Miscellaneous challenge. Let’s look at the stages in more detail.
Team Cup 2015 Sub-Competitions and Stages
End times are in GMT+0
- Stage 1: Intel CPU-Z Lowest Clock (ends: 9/30/15 5:00:00 AM)
- Stage 2: AMD CPU-Z Lowest Clock (ends: 9/15/15 6:00:00 AM)
- Stage 3: Cinebench R15 LGA775 (ends: 9/22/15 7:00:00 AM)
- Stage 4: SuperPI 1M 80486 (ends: 9/30/15 8:00:00 AM)
- Stage 5: HM8x SuperPI 32M (ends: 9/15/15 9:00:00 AM)
- Stage 6: Clarkdale SuperPI 1M (ends: 9/15/15 12:00:00 AM)
- Stage 7: PCMark 7 Single CPU (ends: 9/22/15 1:00:00 AM)
- Stage 8: Realbench V2 Full Out (ends: 9/30/15 2:00:00 AM)
- Stage 9: AMD K6 PiFast (ends: 9/15/15 3:00:00 AM)
- Stage 10: VIA SuperPI 1M (ends: 9/22/15 4:00:00 AM)
- Stage 1: Aquamark3 Lowest Score (ends: 9/30/15 3:00:00 PM)
- Stage 2: 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme 1x GPU (ends: 9/15/15 4:00:00 PM)
- Stage 3: 3DMark 99 Max 1x 6600 GT (ends: 9/22/15 5:00:00 PM)
- Stage 4: 3DMark Vantage Kabini (ends: 9/30/15 6:00:00 PM)
- Stage 5: 3DMark01 Fury (ends: 9/15/15 7:00:00 PM)
- Stage 6: Cloud Gate Target: 250 (ends: 9/15/15 10:00:00 AM)
- Stage 7: Catzilla 576P LGA775 IGP (ends: 9/22/15 11:00:00 AM)
- Stage 8: 3DMark06 1x 9800GX2 (ends: 9/30/15 12:00:00 PM)
- Stage 9: Aquamark V2.1 AMD K6 (ends: 9/15/15 1:00:00 PM)
- Stage 10: 3DMark03 Fastest AGP (ends: 9/22/15 2:00:00 PM)
- Stage 1: Lowest Memory Clock Sandy Bridge (ends: 9/30/15 8:00:00 PM)
- Stage 2: DDR2 Memory Frequency (ends: 9/15/15 9:00:00 PM)
- Stage 3: DDR4 CL=10 Memory Clock (ends: 9/30/15 10:00:00 PM)
- Stage 4: SO-DIMM SuperPI 32M G3240 (ends: 9/15/15 11:00:00 PM)
- Stage 5: AMD Phenom II SuperPI 32M 4G (ends: 9/30/15 12:00:00 AM)
- Stage 1: HWBOT Prime Mobile (ends: 9/30/15 1:00:00 AM)
- Stage 2: Nvidia 650i Memory Clock (ends: 9/15/15 2:00:00 AM)
- Stage 3: Slowest GPUPI for CPU 1B (ends: 9/30/15 3:00:00 AM)
- Stage 4: Reference Clock Full Out (ends: 9/15/15 4:00:00 AM)
- Stage 5: Raspberry Pi HWBOT Prime (ends: 9/30/15 5:00:00 AM)
If you want to get involved with the Team cup or simply want to check out the scores and submissions, visit the competition page on OC-ESPORTS: http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/team_cup_2015