GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd. today announced another great competition for the overclocking community with the GIGABYTE Z97-Last Hurrah Challenge, to be hosted this July and August on HWBOT.org. This new challenge gives the community a last chance to test their skills on the GIGABYTE Z97 platform before the next series of motherboards comes around. By participating, overclockers have the chance to win $2,000 USD in cash prizes and two mystery motherboards, which will be revealed soon!
More information on the competition page: http://oc-esports.io/#!/article/2927/gigabyte_hosts_z97_last_hurrah_challenge
Starting July 10th 2015, overclockers have a chance to win some great prizes by choosing their preferred cooling method and submit their best score within 4 stages. Most points win, it’s as simple as that! Participants have two ways to win, either they collect the most points to win a stage for the 250$ cash prize, or they collect the most points across all 4 stages to win the category grand prize which is … to be announced!
Here are the category and stages details.
Category 1: Air/Water Cooling (Ambient)
- Stage 1: XTU – July 10th until July 25th (CPU frequency is limited to 4GHz)
- Stage 2: GeekBench-3 Multi Core – July 10th until August 10th (CPU frequency is limited to 4GHz max)
- Stage 3: XTU – July 10th until August 20th (CPU frequency is limited to 4.5GHz max)
- Stage 4: GPUPI for CPU – 1B – July 10th until August 30th (CPU frequency is limited to 4GHz max)
Category 2: Extreme Cooling
- Stage 1: GeekBench-3 Multi Core – July 10th until July 25th
- Stage 2: XTU – July 10th until August 10th (CPU frequency is limited to 5GHz max)
- Stage 3: GeekBench-3 Single Core – July 10th until August 20th
- Stage 4: GPUPI for CPU – 1B – July 10th until August 30th
- This competition is limited to GIGABYTE Z97 motherboards only
- Submissions will open on the first day of the stage at 00:01 (UTC +8) and close on the last day at 23:59 (UTC+8)
- Every submission must include the competition background and a picture of the rig.
- A participant is eligible to win only once. If he is found to be the winner in multiple categories, the prize will go to the runner up.
- Intel® Core™ i7-5775C, i5-5675C, i7-5775R, i5-5675R and i5-5575R CPUs are not allowed.
- In case of a tie, the tie-breaker is best score in Stage 4. If there’s still a tie, the best score in Stage 3, etc.
- Each stage 1st place (8 stages in total) will receive a $250 USD cash prize
- Category 1st place for both the Air/Water Cooling category and Extreme Cooling category will win a mystery motherboard which will be announced as soon as we can!
The GIGABYTE-Z97 Last Hurrah Challenge will run from July 10th until August 30th 2015, 23:59 (UTC +8).
Good luck to all!!