Here at HWBOT we try our best to deliver a fair and enjoyable playing field for all those who participate in the rankings and competition. To be able to provide this kind of service we have tried to design some submission and general rules to help remove any doubts about whether something is allowed or not. Based on continued experience these rules will be updated, expanded and completed as time goes by. Please check back for any updates.
To celebrate the launch of the XTU project cooperation between Intel® and HWBOT, we are hosting the first ever XTU overclocking competition in July. The competition consists of two parts: a desktop contest, and a mobile contest. To participate, download the Intel® XTU software application, install it on your Ivy Bridge or Haswell system, run the benchmark, and submit your score. Easy!
Once you have run the benchmark, you can enter the competition by either clicking Compare in the XTU benchmark application or saving the file to submit manually later. If you choose to submit directly from the XTU application, make sure to choose Compete when uploading the result to HWBOT. If you want to save your benchmark file to submit later, check out the how-to guide on the forums (click). Note that the last step is a little bit different, as you want to submit to the competition and not the general rankings.
A couple of competition rules:
- Start: July 9, 11AM GMT+0
- End: August 9, 11PM GMT+0
- Only Ivy Bridge and Haswell based configurations are applicable
- Qualification and retail samples allowed
- No cheating
- Global event, everyone can join!
- You can enter as many times as you want
- One prize per person, ranked "desktop", "mobile", "lucky draw"
- Download Intel® XTU: click
The winners of the competition will receive fantastic prizes. For the winner of the 4 core Desktop competition, Intel has prepared a Core i7 4770K based iBuyPower Revolt. For the winner of the 4core Mobile competition, there is a Razer Edge ready to ship out. For those who feel lucky, there are two Core i5 4670K CPUs in the lucky draw jar!
- 4 Core Desktop: Core i7 4770K based iBuyPower Revolt
- 4 Core Mobile: Razer Edge
- Lucky Draw: 2x Intel Core i5 4670K
- Intel® XTU Overclocking Challenge is closed since 9 August 2013.
- This competition is between Members.
This competition is closed. You can no longer join.
This competition was open to everyone.