Here at HWBOT we try our best to deliver a fair and enjoyable playing field for all those who participate in the rankings and competition. To be able to provide this kind of service we have tried to design some submission and general rules to help remove any doubts about whether something is allowed or not. Based on continued experience these rules will be updated, expanded and completed as time goes by. Please check back for any updates.
About the MSI MOA 2012 AM Qualifier competition
Celebrating its 5th anniversary, MSI’s Master Overclocking Arena (MOA) joins the most stable Military Class III components with record-breaking overclocking performance. Themed “Steel World”, MSI has forged the first evolution starting with the American Regional Qualifiers on the world-class overclocking community website HWBOT.org on April 13, 2012!
The American Regional Qualifiers this year consist of three stages: 3DMark11, 3DMark03 and SuperPI 32M. Each with a different point scheme. There will be no model limitation on MSI mainboards and graphics cards, however entries are limited to single CPU and GPU setups. A cut-off elimination will be applied on May 4th (75% of the contest period) after which the qualifiers will continue with only the best 15 overall participants. At the end of competition on May 10th, the top three winners are qualified as MOA representative of the Americas. They are free to choose another friend to team up with and have the chance to continue their journey to the MSI Master Overclocking Arena Grand Final!
|How to WIN||Provider||Prize||MSRP||Info|
|Winner||MSI||MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan||Priceless|
|Runner-up||MSI||MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan||Priceless|
|Second runner-up||MSI||MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan||Priceless|
|4th||MSI||MSI Z77A-GD80 Mainboard||N/A||Link|
|5th||MSI||MSI Z77A-GD65 Mainboard||USD $190||Link|
|Lucky Draw (x2)||MSI||MSI R7770 Power Edition 1GD5/OC Graphics Card||N/A||Link|
- Start: April 13th, 6AM GMT+2
- Elimination: May 4th, 6AM GMT+2 (top-15 overall continue)
- End: May 11th, 6AM GMT+2
- 3DMark11: 60 - 43,2 - 38,4 - 36 - 33,6 - 31,2 - 28,8 - 26,4 - 24 - 21,6 - 19,2 - 16,8 - 14,4 - 12 - 9,6 - 7,2 - 4,8 - 2,4 - 0 - 0 - ...
- 3DMark03: 25 - 18 - 16 - 15 - 14 - 13 - 12 - 11 - 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0 - 0 - ...
- SuperPI 32M: 15 - 10,8 - 9,6 - 9 - 8,4 - 7,8 - 7,2 - 6,6 - 6 - 5,4 - 4,8 - 4,2 - 3,6 - 3 - 2,4 - 1,8 - 1,2 - 0,6 - 0 - 0 - ...
- Only use motherboard manufacturered by MSI.
- Only make submission with a MSI videocard.
- Use 1 videocard core(s) in total.
- Use 1 processor(s).
- Only members of North America, Latin America may participate.
- employee (either full-time or part-time) of any motherboard manufacturers is not eligible for the contest.
- participance is according to the participant’s nationality. Ex: a citizen of Canada can only participate at the America Region Qualifier.
- Please attach a picture of your overclocking rig.
- A verification screenshot is required.
- A verification link is required (systeminfo must be available!)
- Must use official competition background: click
- Not allowed: engineering samples, Lucid Virtu MVP, hardware that is not commercially available at the beginning of the competition
- Screenshot must contain: CPU-Z CPU tab, CPU-Z mainboard tab, CPU-Z memory tab, GPU-Z (if 3D benchmark), benchmark (subtest) score(s) and settings, official MOA background
HWBOT and MSI reserve the right to reject any submission with no prior warning. HWBOT and MSI will not go in discussion regarding the final ranking of the competition. Any decision by the competition organiser is final. HWBOT and MSI reserve the right to request full explanation on how a benchmark score was obtained. If the participant refuses to provide full explanation or the explanation does not prove to be sufficient, HWBOT and MSI reserve the right to reject the score.
MSI MOA 2012 Grand Final Roadmap
|13 April 2012 - 11 May 2012: MSI MOA 2012 AM Qualifier|
|18 May 2012 - 14 June 2012: MSI MOA 2012 EMEA Qualifier|
|28 September 2012 - 28 September 2012: MSI MOA 2012 Grand Final|
|15 June 2012 - 12 July 2012: MSI MOA 2012 APAC Qualifier|
|27 July 2012 - 23 August 2012: Futuremark Lords of Overclocking 2012|
|28 September 2012 - 30 September 2012: MSI MOA 2012 Grand Final Online Battle|
- MSI MOA 2012 AM Qualifier is closed since 11 May 2012.
- This competition is between Members.
This competition is closed. You can no longer join.
These are the members which where ranked in the top 15 at the time the elimination round ended, and may continue submitting:
#1 - Winner: MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan
#2 - Runner-up: MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan
#3 - 2nd Runner-up: MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan
#4 - Fourth: MSI Z77A-GD80 Mainboard
#5 - Fifth: MSI Z77A-GD65 Mainboard
2x Lucky draw: MSI R7770 Power Edition 1GD5/OC Graphics Card